Leicestershire Wedding String Duo at Kimcote
By vaughan • 14th September 2013 • Posted in: Our music quartet at weddings
A couple of Sundays ago, Rachel Robson (viola) and myself (violin) were asked to play as a string duo for a wedding ceremony¬†at All Saints Church in Kimcote, Leicestershire. It was another example of a wedding where the string duo was appropriate as there were in the region of 80 guests and we fit perfectly in a corner to the left hand side of the church. We played half an hour of well known classical pieces as the guests entered the church, before the entrance¬†of the bridesmaids and bride. For this, we played ‘Hoppipolla’ by the well known band Sigur Ros. Unusually, we also accompanied the hymn (‘Make Me A Channel of Your Peace’) as well as accompanying a singer during the signing of the register. For this, we played Elbow’s ‘One Day Like This’ together before performing the popular ‘Kissing You’ by Des’ree arranged for string duo.¬† The couple exited the ceremony to the ever popular ¬†’It Must Be Love’ by Madness and the bridal party then had a few photographs taken outside the church before departing to the drinks reception venue.
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Concerts and recitals
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Our music quartet at weddings
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Wedding String Duo at Bisham Abbey, Bucks.
- Wedding Music at Laura Ashley The Manor Hotel Elstree
- Wedding Inspiration Day at Waddesdon March 4th 2018
- Local Classical Concert in Cuddington, Bucks
- Classical Music Concert at Cranfield