Herts Wedding String Duo at Letchworth Hall Hotel
By vaughan • 3rd September 2010 • Posted in: Our music quartet at weddings
It was a big day as altogether we were required to play for over four hours, spread over almost six hours – so although we had plenty of breaks, it was quite a long play. We began by providing some calming music before the bridal entrance.¬† The ceremony music itself was a mixture of traditional and contemporary pieces, with Pachelbel’s Canon and Handel’s Hornpipe, but ‘All You Need Is Love’ to accompany the couple’s exit at the end.¬† After the ceremony, the guests retired to the bar area where we played during the drinks reception. After a short break, we were asked to play again after the speeches.
Overall, this was a very good example of using live music cleverly for all the key points through the day. If we had been asked to perform continuously for six hours, this would have been quite tiring for the players and guests alike, but by building in breaks between periods of playing, it still kept a fresh feel and as we only charge a nominal fee of ¬£10 per hour per musician for ‘waiting’ between periods of playing, it is a way of having music present for all the important parts of the day but keeping cost of a string quartet or duo down by us taking short breaks (such as during speeches).
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Concerts and recitals
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Our music quartet at weddings
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Wedding String Duo at Bisham Abbey, Bucks.
- Wedding Music at Laura Ashley The Manor Hotel Elstree
- Wedding Inspiration Day at Waddesdon March 4th 2018
- Local Classical Concert in Cuddington, Bucks
- Classical Music Concert at Cranfield