Northamptonshire String Duo for Wedding at Dodford Manor
By vaughan • 20th February 2015 • Posted in: Our music quartet at weddings
On a Saturday in mid-November,¬†our string duo returned to Dodford Manor in Northamptonshire to play for a wedding ceremony and reception. Dodford‚Äôs Mortain Barn is a refreshing space, beautifully renovated and lit, with a balcony which is perfect for a duo or quartet to play from (allowing the sound to project to all of the guests). As such, the music becomes an essential ingredient, but without in anyway intruding or becoming too much in the foreground. For this particular occasion we performed a variety of pieces before the bride entered (including an eclectic mix of pieces by Bach, Sigur Ros and Take That, chosen by the couple). The entrance piece was Pachelbel‚Äôs popular Canon in D, which always works well as it can be tailed off at regular intervals, meaning that the bride is never left waiting at the front whilst the musicians finish playing. For the signing of the register we performed ‚ÄòOne Day Like This‚Äô by Elbow and ‚ÄòSweet Dreams‚Äô by Eurythmics, with ‚ÄòLa Bamba‚Äô being the very lively exit music.
During the reception drinks, we moved downstairs and joined the guests with a selection of rock, pop, film and light music. We spoke with many of the guests as well as some very enthusiastic children who told us all about their musical activities at school. We were able to congratulate the bridal couple before we departed from the venue as the wedding breakfast was about to begin.
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Concerts and recitals
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Our music quartet at weddings
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Wedding String Duo at Bisham Abbey, Bucks.
- Wedding Music at Laura Ashley The Manor Hotel Elstree
- Wedding Inspiration Day at Waddesdon March 4th 2018
- Local Classical Concert in Cuddington, Bucks
- Classical Music Concert at Cranfield