Oxfordshire Wedding String Quartet
By vaughan • 8th May 2013 • Posted in: Our music quartet at weddings
Oxfordshire Wedding String Quartet – Last weekend, our wedding string quartet returned to the Weston Manor Hotel near Bicester in Oxfordshire. This venue is very local to us and is ideally suited to either a string quartet or a string duo. The ceremony room has a minstrels’ gallery, which means that the musicians can project their sound effortlessly without intruding too much on the ceremony itself.
For this particular wedding, the bride had requested that we play Samuel Barber’s ‘Adagio’ for strings before her entrance. This we duly did, before playing Pachelbel’s ‘Canon’ in D for her processional. Here is a video of The Manor House String Quartet playing it:
During the signing of the register we performed Elgar’s ‘Salut d’Amour’ and Mascagni’s ‘Intermezzo’ from ‘Cavalleria Rusticana’. Finally, for the recessional of the bridal couple, we played them out to Take That’s ‘Greatest Day’.
We then transferred to the reception area of the hotel, before joining the guests on the back lawn of the venue (playing under the shade of a tree). It’s always good to be flexible as a group and playing in three different locations within the same venue isn’t unusual. We can also play for your church ceremony and drinks reception, even if they’re located miles from each other. You can read all about this in our blog post entitled ‘Wedding String Quartet – Moving Between Venues‘.
All in all, the music added an extra special sprinkling of magic to the proceedings and many guests told us how much the music was enjoyed.
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Concerts and recitals
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Our music quartet at weddings
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Wedding String Duo at Bisham Abbey, Bucks.
- Wedding Music at Laura Ashley The Manor Hotel Elstree
- Wedding Inspiration Day at Waddesdon March 4th 2018
- Local Classical Concert in Cuddington, Bucks
- Classical Music Concert at Cranfield