Cambridge String Duo For Wedding at Newnham College
By vaughan • 23rd April 2012 • Posted in: Our music quartet at weddings
Cambridge String Duo For Wedding at Newnham College – On Saturday, the Manor House String Duo provided music for a wedding at Newnham College in Cambridge. As the bride is a lecturer here it¬†was a perfect location, as the college has a tranquility and spaciousness that would be the envy of many venues dedicated specifically to weddings.
We played prior to the¬†wedding service¬†(as a laptop was set up to allow friends and family from abroad to view the ceremony via skype) and we also performed¬†at various points throughout the ceremony itself (the couple opting to omit a formal entrance).
Afterwards, everyone relocated to a different part of the campus and enjoyed canapes and drinks. We set up in a corner and played a more modern selection of music. The balance was struck between keeping the music energetic and lively without imposing on the guests (so that it was still a background ambience). A lovely event which we both thoroughly enjoyed!
Here is a video of the duo performing a beautiful slow movement by Haydn:
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Concerts and recitals
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Our music quartet at weddings
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Wedding String Duo at Bisham Abbey, Bucks.
- Wedding Music at Laura Ashley The Manor Hotel Elstree
- Wedding Inspiration Day at Waddesdon March 4th 2018
- Local Classical Concert in Cuddington, Bucks
- Classical Music Concert at Cranfield