Wedding Music at Missenden Abbey Bucks
By vaughan • 23rd October 2009 • Posted in: Our music quartet at weddings
Wedding Music at Missenden Abbey Bucks – As the Manor House Music is a Bucks wedding string quartet and duo, we always enjoy providing wedding music at Missenden Abbey, as the venue is only a stone’s throw from our base on the border of Buckinghamshire.
In the wedding ceremony, the couple requested a Handel Aria to be sung by a Soprano who was the bride’s singing teacher – accompanied by a string quartet. Although sheet music for this had been found, the key was not quite right so I had to rearrange the piece in the correct register for the singer. This particular piece, “Lascia Ch-io Pianga” is a slow and stately number and very moving – so it provided something different and personalised for the signing of the register. Here is a video of the group playing something very different – ‘Livin’ On A Prayer’ by Bon Jovi:
After the ceremony, we¬†played at the back of the venue where guests were congregating and provided a wide selection of music as people lined up to enter for the wedding breakfast.
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Concerts and recitals
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Our music quartet at weddings
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Wedding String Duo at Bisham Abbey, Bucks.
- Wedding Music at Laura Ashley The Manor Hotel Elstree
- Wedding Inspiration Day at Waddesdon March 4th 2018
- Local Classical Concert in Cuddington, Bucks
- Classical Music Concert at Cranfield