Berkshire Wedding String quartet Queen’s Eyot
By vaughan • 19th September 2012 • Posted in: Our music quartet at weddings
Berkshire Wedding String quartet Queen’s Eyot – On Saturday, the Manor House String Quartet performed for a wedding held on Queen’s Eyot, an idyllic islet on the river Thames owned by Eton College in Berkshire and the scene of some of the rowing events that took place during the London 2012 Olympics. It was the first wedding we had ever played where we were taken by boat from the car park to the reception venue!¬† There is something truly romantic about having your wedding reception on an island, particularly one on this historic river. The scene was set for a truly magical afternoon and evening and the weather duly obliged with unbroken sunshine.
We began under a small gazebo on the lawns of a traditional looking pavilion where we played a selection of popular classical music for string quartet to welcome guests onto the island (as they arrived by boat). We then continued to play throughout the wedding breakfast until just before the speeches were due to start.
We then resumed playing under the same gazebo for after dinner drinks and had requests from guests as well as staff at the venue who commented on how much they enjoyed the wide selection of music that we were able to offer, particularly our modern rock and pop arrangements for string quartet. The day ended as the light began to fade with the string quartet being guided back to the car park along the river Thames.
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Concerts and recitals
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Our music quartet at weddings
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Wedding String Duo at Bisham Abbey, Bucks.
- Wedding Music at Laura Ashley The Manor Hotel Elstree
- Wedding Inspiration Day at Waddesdon March 4th 2018
- Local Classical Concert in Cuddington, Bucks
- Classical Music Concert at Cranfield