Notley Tythe Barn Wedding String Quartet
By vaughan • 8th January 2014 • Posted in: Weddings We've Played At
The day before New Year’s Eve, our string quartet returned once again to the tranquil setting of Notley Tythe Barn, a venue very near to us on the Buckinghamshire / Oxfordshire border. It’s always a pleasure to return here and the barn has a wonderful space opposite the main entrance, where the string quartet or string duo can serenade members of the wedding party unobtrusively, allowing guests to move freely around.
On this particular occasion, we provided wedding reception music for a couple who had got married earlier in the year in the USA, but who wished to celebrate with their English family and friends back at home.
We began to play as guests entered the barn for drinks and canapes. The couple had carefully chosen many of their favourite pieces and as they are both fond of a classical string quartet, we had a rare opportunity to play some of the standard classics of the repertoire by Haydn and Mozart. In addition, we performed some more popular classical pieces by Handel, Bach, Ravel and Vivaldi.
The whole occasion was very welcoming and celebratory and we wish Stephanie and Adam many years of happiness together.
- Concerts and recitals
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Weddings We've Played At
- Pendley Manor Wedding Music Entertainment
- Wedding String Quartet Modern Pop Songs
- Wedding String Quartet – Moving Between Venues
- A Lovely Testimonial to Receive
- Wedding String Quartet at The Dairy at Waddesdon Manor