Essex Wedding String Duo at Newland Hall
By vaughan • 20th August 2014 • Posted in: Our music quartet at weddings
Essex wedding string duo at Newland Hall – On a Sunday at the end of July, Emma (cellist) and myself performed as a string duo for a wedding in Coopersale, Essex. The church was dedicated to St Alban the Martyr and our duo performed from the back of the church as guests entered as well as during the ceremony. For the pre-ceremony music, we performed a handful of popular classical pieces, before launching into Pachelbel’s Canon in D for the Bridal Procession.
For the signing of the register we played Christina Perri’s ‘A Thousand Years’ arranged for string duo and Keane’s ‘Somewhere Only We Know’, again arranged specifically for the string duo for this particular wedding. The couple then exited to an organ fanfare.
We then travelled 16 miles to a favourite venue of ours, Newland Hall in Roxwell, Essex. We have played at least a dozen weddings at Newland hall and find the location to be idyllic and the staff to be extremely warm and friendly. Here we set up under a canopy at the back of the marquee and played a variety of pieces from a wide range of styles, from classical to rock and pop. We ended as the receiving line was formed, and managed to speak with the bridal couple before we departed. A highlight for them was our rendition of ‘The Flower Duet’ by Delibes.
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Concerts and recitals
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Our music quartet at weddings
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Wedding Music at Laura Ashley The Manor Hotel Elstree
- Wedding Inspiration Day at Waddesdon March 4th 2018
- Local Classical Concert in Cuddington, Bucks
- Classical Music Concert at Cranfield
- Recitals for Wrigglers