Dodmoor House Wedding Music – String Duo
By vaughan • 11th June 2014 • Posted in: Our music quartet at weddings
Dodmoor House Wedding music – On a Friday near the end of May, the Manor House string duo returned to the delightful setting of Dodmoor House, near Weedon in Northamptonshire. This venue is particularly suited to the string duo, as two instruments can fit easily on the right hand side of the barn, allowing the bridal party to exit in that direction. The string quartet could potentially be a little overbearing as well, as the sound of the music easily carries in this smaller, intimate setting.
This particular wedding had a really lively, party feel to it and as such we did manage to speak to quite a few guests during the course of the afternoon. The bride had specifically asked me to arrange the song ‘Whatever’ by Oasis for the exit of the bridal couple, and in complete contrast, we played the opening of Vaughan Williams’s ‘Fantasia on Greensleeves’ for her to enter to. During the signing of the register there was a mix of songs by the La’s, Oasis and Paul Weller.
After the end of the ceremony, the room was rapidly turned around, allowing the guests to enjoy their drinks and canapés in the same building. For this part of the day, we performed a variety of different rock and pop classics, chosen by the bridal couple to entertain guests of all age ranges.
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Concerts and recitals
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Our music quartet at weddings
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Wedding Music at Laura Ashley The Manor Hotel Elstree
- Wedding Inspiration Day at Waddesdon March 4th 2018
- Local Classical Concert in Cuddington, Bucks
- Classical Music Concert at Cranfield
- Recitals for Wrigglers