String Duo for Wedding at Bisham Abbey, Buckinghamshire
By vaughan • 7th January 2015 • Posted in: Weddings We've Played At
Bisham Abbey is best known as a national sports centre (as well as being a former residence of king Henry VIII!). The Abbey however, is also a stunning setting for events, being ideally situated on the banks of the river Thames. It is one of our favourite venues as well as being ideally suited for the two musicians of our duo.
For this particular wedding, our role as a violin and cello duo was to provide music for the reception drinks, which lasted in the region of 2 hours. Whereas many groups don’t have a particular repertoire for a string duo (often extracting two parts from their string quartet music), we are ideally set up with around 17 hours of music arranged specifically for the duo. For this particular wedding we played a varied range of pieces, from Handel and Tchaikovsky to ‘Moon River’ and ‘Dancing In the Moonlight’!
We spoke with many of the guests and the music provided an ideal compliment to the celebrations – adding ambience without being overpowering. We finished playing as all the guests made their way into the wedding breakfast.
- Concerts and recitals
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Weddings We've Played At
- Pendley Manor Wedding Music Entertainment
- Wedding String Quartet Modern Pop Songs
- Wedding String Quartet – Moving Between Venues
- A Lovely Testimonial to Receive
- Wedding String Quartet at The Dairy at Waddesdon Manor