Surrey String Quartet for a Wedding at Wentworth Golf Club
By vaughan • 21st October 2014 • Posted in: Our music quartet at weddings
Surrey string quartet for a wedding at Wentworth Golf Club – On Saturday 30th August, the Manor House String Quartet returned to Wentworth Golf Club in Virginia Water, Surrey for a very special wedding. The lady getting married was the niece of a couple of friends who live in our own village in Buckinghamshire. As such, it had a really personal feel about it.
We began by playing in a raised area outside the ceremony room, where guests enjoyed a drink. We kept the mood slightly formal with a relaxing selection of classical music for string quartet to calm everyone’s nerves. The bride and bridesmaids then entered to Pachelbel’s Canon in D – a piece of music which can be perfectly timed to suit any entrance, no matter how short or long. For the signing of the register the couple had chosen our string quartet arrangement of ‘All You Need Is Love’ by The Beatles, as well as Ben E King’s ‘Stand By Me’. They then exited to Handel’s wonderfully celebratory ‘Arrival of the Queen of Sheba’.
Everyone then moved to a balcony area and despite the weather looking as if it would break out into rain, we were all very lucky as this didn’t happen! We played for an hour and a half and entertained guests with a selection of rock and pop favourites, with songs to suit everybody’s tastes, from 60s classics to up-to-date-covers.
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Concerts and recitals
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Our music quartet at weddings
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Wedding Music at Laura Ashley The Manor Hotel Elstree
- Wedding Inspiration Day at Waddesdon March 4th 2018
- Local Classical Concert in Cuddington, Bucks
- Classical Music Concert at Cranfield
- Recitals for Wrigglers