Bedfordshire String Quartet Concert at Cranfield Church
By vaughan • 24th July 2014 • Posted in: Manor House Music Concerts and recitals
Bedfordshire String Quartet Concert at Cranfield Church – On Saturday 21st June the Manor House String Quartet performed a concert at the church of St Peter and St Paul in Cranfield, Bedfordshire. The concert was entitled ‘A Night in Front of the Telly’ and consisted of music that featured in famous television programmes and adverts over the years.
In addition, the first half of the concert took the form of a light hearted quiz, with 25 questions relating to the pieces of music performed. These ranged from the ‘Black and White Rag’ (which was used as the theme tune to ‘Pot Black’) and the theme tune for ‘Ski Sunday’ (with the marvellous working title of ‘Pop Goes Bach’!) to classical pieces such as Bach’s famous Air for string quartet (which featured in many adverts for Hamlet cigars many years ago).
As this was the first time we’d ever incorporated a quiz into one of our concerts, it was difficult to gauge how long it would last and to our surprise, the first half of the concert alone was a lengthy hour and a quarter! As we’d pre-arranged that the concert would consist of two 50 minute halves, I hastily decided what order the second half was to go in and streamlined it to just 30 minutes! In this half one of the highlights was a rendition of the slow movement from Dvorak’s ‘New World Symphony’. The whole concert came to an end with the theme from ‘Match of the Day’ and the audience departed into the last rays of light on a lovely midsummer’s evening.
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Concerts and recitals
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Our music quartet at weddings
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Wedding String Duo at Bisham Abbey, Bucks.
- Wedding Music at Laura Ashley The Manor Hotel Elstree
- Wedding Inspiration Day at Waddesdon March 4th 2018
- Local Classical Concert in Cuddington, Bucks
- Classical Music Concert at Cranfield