East Sussex String Duo for a Wedding at Ashdown Park Hotel
By vaughan • 4th May 2014 • Posted in: Our music quartet at weddings
East Sussex String Duo at Ashdown Park Hotel – A few weeks ago the Manor House String Duo were engaged to play at a wedding held in the beautiful surroundings of Ashdown Park Hotel in East Sussex. The wedding was held on a Tuesday and with midweek weddings becoming increasingly popular, this is not as unusual as it would have been a few years ago. The string duo was ideal for this particular wedding as there were only around 20 guests, so the intimate feel of just two instruments was perfectly suited.
We played a selection of popular classical pieces as the guests entered the ceremony room and for the wedding service itself, we performed a string arrangement of ‘Greatest Day’ by Take That as the bride entered. During the signing of the register, we played ‘You’re Beautiful’ by James Blunt and as the couple exited at the end of the ceremony, we performed ‘Take On Me’ by A-ha. Each of these pieces had been hand picked by the bridal couple and the guests seemed delighted with their choices.
After the ceremony, we played during the drinks reception and entertained guests with a varied selection of lively rock and pop numbers, finishing just as the guests were called through for the celebratory meal.
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Concerts and recitals
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Our music quartet at weddings
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Local Classical Concert in Cuddington, Bucks
- Classical Music Concert at Cranfield
- Recitals for Wrigglers
- Pendley Manor Wedding Music Entertainment
- String Quartet Modern Wedding Songs