String Quartet for choral concert in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
By vaughan • 15th December 2013 • Posted in: Concerts and recitals
A couple of Saturdays ago we performed with the Aylesbury Festival Choir in a concert of Christmas and festive music. The choir found out about us from concerts we have given at St Nicholas Church in nearby Cuddington.
The first half of the concert consisted of the ‘Christmas Oratorio’ by Camille Saint-Saens, written for soloists, choir, organ, strings and harp. This was an attractive piece which I’d never heard before and which contained some really magical moments. The programme also included Vaughan Williams’s popular ‘Fantasia on Christmas Carols’ which ended the concert.
At the beginning of the second half, we played four of our string quartet Christmas carols, with a French theme. They were: Charpentiere’s ‘Joseph est Bien Marie’ as well as ‘Il est Ne le Divin Enfant’, ‘Ding Dong! Merrily on High’ and ‘Noel Nouvelet’. All of these carols can be found on our CDs entitled ‘I Saw Three Ships and other carols’ and ‘It Came Upon the Midnight Clear and other carols’.
It was a pleasure to perform for James Davey and the Aylesbury Festival Choir and we’d like to wish them a very Merry Christmas!
- Concerts and recitals
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Weddings We've Played At
- Pendley Manor Wedding Music Entertainment
- Wedding String Quartet Modern Pop Songs
- Wedding String Quartet – Moving Between Venues
- A Lovely Testimonial to Receive
- Wedding String Quartet at The Dairy at Waddesdon Manor