‘A Traveller’s Tale’ – Themed Bedfordshire String Quartet Concert
By vaughan • 19th October 2013 • Posted in: Manor House Music Concerts and recitals
‘A Traveller’s Tale’ – Themed Bedfordshire String Quartet Concert – On Saturday the 5th October, the Manor House String Quartet were delighted to return once again to play in the marvellous old building and wonderfully warm audience of St. Peter and St. Paul’s Church, Cranfield, Bedfordshire.
The theme for this evening recital was ‘A Traveller’s Tale’ which is a programme that has proved popular with audiences at previous concerts. We performed a selection of light, entertaining classical pieces which were each related to a different country of the world. These included Greensleeves (England), a Slavonic Dance by Dvorak (Czech republic), a Hungarian Dance by Brahms to represent Hungary, a movement from a Bach Brandenburg concerto (Germany) and the Waltz from Tchaikovsky’s Serenade for Strings (Russia).
The concert was very well attended with at least 70 people in the audience and their reaction was enthusiastic, with us eventually being asked back for two encores.
As this concert was a Church fundraiser, we hope that they made a good profit from the evening and very much look forward to returning again to play at St. Peter and St. Paul’s.
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Concerts and recitals
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Our music quartet at weddings
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Wedding Music at Laura Ashley The Manor Hotel Elstree
- Wedding Inspiration Day at Waddesdon March 4th 2018
- Local Classical Concert in Cuddington, Bucks
- Classical Music Concert at Cranfield
- Recitals for Wrigglers