Essex Wedding String Quartet
By vaughan • 9th September 2013 • Posted in: Our music quartet at weddings
Essex Wedding String Quartet – On Saturday 24th August, Manor House Music played as a string quartet for a wedding ceremony held at St. Michael and All Angels Church in Roxwell, Essex. Unusually, we were asked to play a selection of modern pop music for string quartet as guests arrived and took their seats in the Church (including ‘Stand by Me’ for string quartet and ‘Songbird’).
For the bridal entrance, we performed Mendelssohn’s Wedding March (from ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’). We also accompanied the two hymns, ‘Morning Has Broken’ and ‘Give Me Joy in My Heart’ and we have found that a string quartet makes an ideal accompaniment to hymns, whenever an organ is unavailable or the couple are looking for an original alternative (see our FAQs page for more details).
For the drinks reception, we all made our way to nearby Newland Hall – one of our favourite venues as the staff make everyone so welcome and it has a lovely, friendly atmosphere. Here we set up inside the marquee and played a large selection of energetic rock and pop covers for the drinks reception which went down very well with guests who were delighted with our unusual repertoire.
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Concerts and recitals
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Our music quartet at weddings
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Local Classical Concert in Cuddington, Bucks
- Classical Music Concert at Cranfield
- Recitals for Wrigglers
- Pendley Manor Wedding Music Entertainment
- String Quartet Modern Wedding Songs