String Duo For Berkshire Wedding at the Old Mill
By vaughan • 12th July 2012 • Posted in: Weddings We've Played At
Last week, our string duo performed for a wedding on a Wednesday (although this used to be rare, weekday weddings are becoming increasingly popular!). The venue was The Old Mill at Aldermaston in Berkshire and as the wedding was a smaller occasion with around 30 guests, a string duo was the ideal choice as it is less likely to be overpowering for a smaller numbers of guests. Also, the space taken up by a string quartet would have been too much for the ceremony room.
We played a few pieces as guests arrived and took their sets, then provided music for the various points during the ceremony such as the bridal entrance, signing of the register and exit of the married couple.
Afterwards, we re-located to the conservatory area which adjoined the house and entertained the wedding party as they enjoyed canapes and reception drinks – finishing just before the wedding breakfast was due to start.
- Concerts and recitals
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Weddings We've Played At
- Pendley Manor Wedding Music Entertainment
- Wedding String Quartet Modern Pop Songs
- Wedding String Quartet – Moving Between Venues
- A Lovely Testimonial to Receive
- Wedding String Quartet at The Dairy at Waddesdon Manor