Cambridgeshire Wedding String Quartet
By vaughan • 17th June 2012 • Posted in: Our music quartet at weddings
Yesterday we performed as both a string quartet and a string duo for a lovely wedding held at Hinchingbrooke House which is near Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire. The couple’s ceremony had taken place in a nearby Church and the guests entered for the reception drinks at around 3.15pm, where we were all set up and ready to play for them. We performed a selection of lively and entertaining music which was widely enjoyed by all the guests.
At around 5pm, everyone went through for the wedding breakfast which was held in the library and at this point, two members of the quartet left, leaving myself on violin and Reiad on viola to continue playing (as space was limited in the room where the meal was to be served). This is not the first time that we’ve performed half of an engagement as a quartet and continued as a duo. This can work very well if space is restricted at any point during the day. As the duo was not able to project over the entire room, after 40 minutes of playing in one area, we re-located to the other end of the room so that different sets of guests were able to enjoy the music.
Here is a video of our duo playing a lovely piece by Mozart:
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Concerts and recitals
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Our music quartet at weddings
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Wedding String Duo at Bisham Abbey, Bucks.
- Wedding Music at Laura Ashley The Manor Hotel Elstree
- Wedding Inspiration Day at Waddesdon March 4th 2018
- Local Classical Concert in Cuddington, Bucks
- Classical Music Concert at Cranfield