Cambridge String Duo For Wedding at Newnham College
By vaughan • 23rd April 2012 • Posted in: Our music quartet at weddings
Cambridge String Duo For Wedding at Newnham College – On Saturday, the Manor House String Duo provided music for a wedding at Newnham College in Cambridge. As the bride is a lecturer here it was a perfect location, as the college has a tranquility and spaciousness that would be the envy of many venues dedicated specifically to weddings.
We played prior to the wedding service (as a laptop was set up to allow friends and family from abroad to view the ceremony via skype) and we also performed at various points throughout the ceremony itself (the couple opting to omit a formal entrance).
Afterwards, everyone relocated to a different part of the campus and enjoyed canapes and drinks. We set up in a corner and played a more modern selection of music. The balance was struck between keeping the music energetic and lively without imposing on the guests (so that it was still a background ambience). A lovely event which we both thoroughly enjoyed!
Here is a video of the duo performing a beautiful slow movement by Haydn:
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Concerts and recitals
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Our music quartet at weddings
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Recitals for Wrigglers
- Pendley Manor Wedding Music Entertainment
- Wedding String Quartet Modern Pop Songs
- Wedding String Quartet – Moving Between Venues
- A Lovely Testimonial to Receive