Bedfordshire String Quartet Concert at Eaton Bray
By vaughan • 20th September 2011 • Posted in: Concerts and recitals
Last Saturday, the Manor House String Quartet were really delighted to return to the beautiful rural church of St Mary’s in Eaton Bray – a village about 7 miles away from home. The quartet had played there last year, giving a recital of music from various countries on a theme of ‘Travellers Tales’. This time, the concert was on a theme of ‘Summer Evenings’ and we featured music that evoked summer or evenings in some way. Popular pieces included an extract from ‘Eine Kleine Nachtmusik’, a quartet arrangement of Vivaldi’s ‘Summer’ from the ‘Four Seasons’, Borodin’s Nocturne and ‘The Swan’ by Saint Saens (beautifully played by our cellist Julia).
The church laid on refreshments and a licensed bar during the interval and we had an audience of about 72 people who all seemed to enjoy the concert. Approximately £200 was raised for the church funds as well as helping to create a memorable village event.
We received a lovely, warm welcome from the audience and are already looking forward to returning to play at Eaton Bray church again in the future.
- Concerts and recitals
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- Weddings We've Played At
- Pendley Manor Wedding Music Entertainment
- Wedding String Quartet Modern Pop Songs
- Wedding String Quartet – Moving Between Venues
- A Lovely Testimonial to Receive
- Wedding String Quartet at The Dairy at Waddesdon Manor