Swiss Gardens Wedding Music Bedfordshire
By vaughan • 12th July 2009 • Posted in: Our music quartet at weddings
Swiss Gardens Wedding Music Bedfordshire – On Friday the Manor House String Duo returned once more to the Swiss Gardens at Old Warden in Bedfordshire to play for a wedding. Whereas our concert in June was for a full string quartet, this time we played as a string duo. In many ways, the little rustic cottage on the hill where the weddings take place is such an intimate venue, there really isn’t room to have a wedding string quartet inside as well as the bridal couple, registrar and guests… but a duo works perfectly.
We provided 15 – 20 minutes of music before the ceremony itself, including three favourite pieces requested by the couple – Massenet’s Meditation, Boccherini’s Minuet and the Largo from Vivaldi’s Winter.
During the ceremony we performed Pachelbel’s Canon in D for the bridal entrance, and provided music by Elgar and Handel for signing the register.
After the ceremony itself we played for assembled guests in the beautiful surroundings of the gardens whilst they were having their photographs taken. As usual, the resident peacocks put in an appearance, walking amongst us and calling loudly with perfect comic timing.
We always look forward to playing in the Swiss Gardens – they really are outstandingly beautiful at just about any time of year.
- Exciting Repertoire
- Manor House Music Concerts and recitals
- Manor House Music Recordings
- Other Functions and Events
- Our music quartet at weddings
- Videos and Media
- Violin and Piano Teaching
- Wedding String Quartet Useful Info
- String Quartet Musicians – Concert in Cuddington, Bucks
- Twelfth Night Concert at Cranfield
- Recitals for Wrigglers
- Pendley Manor Wedding Music Entertainment
- Wedding String Quartet Modern Pop Songs